Terms and Conditions
1. ABOUT US
- The Hush Group Ltd is a booking agent for hotel bedrooms, meetings and conference rooms, event space, transport requirements and other reservation services.
- In addition, The Hush Group Ltd provides event planning and management services.
- The Hush Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales.
Our company registration number is 8687343 and our registered office is at 177 Linden Avenue, Ruislip HA4 8TY.
Our VAT registration number is 195 3127 96.
We are an IATA registered travel agent under 960 023 73.
- Our client is the individual or organisation who we act on behalf of and provide services for. Guests are guests of the client, for whom we may provide services for or on behalf of the client.
- Upon engaging The Hush Group Ltd as an Agent, our clients will be given the opportunity to read and sign the Terms of Engagement.
- The Terms of Engagement will detail the services covered by these terms. By signing the Terms of Engagement, you agree to use The Hush Group Ltd as your sole and exclusive agent for the services listed.
- For the avoidance of doubt, sole and exclusive, means all bookings and reservations detailed within the Terms of Engagement are to be booked or reserved by The Hush Group Ltd and not through any other agent or supplier directly. Suppliers are suppliers of those services listed within the Terms of Engagement.
- Should the client make any bookings or reservations in breach of the Terms of Engagement, The Hush Group Ltd will be entitled to reclaim any lost earnings directly through the client. The Hush Group Ltd also reserves its right to claim further damages.
- The Hush Group Ltd acts as a booking agent of the client. We are not the direct suppliers of products or services. Whilst we will make every effort to secure the most suitable, trustworthy and reliable supplier of products and/or services for our clients, we cannot be held responsible for failings on part of a third party supplier.
- Where a product or service is booked or purchased for the client, The Hush Group Ltd has booked or purchased this product or service as the client’s agent.
- On most occasions, where a product or service is booked or purchased, a contract will be put in place between the client and third party supplier. In such a case, the client will be bound by the terms and conditions of the third party supplier. Where a product or service is contracted by The Hush Group Ltd on the client’s behalf, it is still booked, reserved or purchased by The Hush Group Ltd as the client’s agent and therefore the client will still be bound by the terms and conditions of this third party supplier.
- In spite of careful selection of suppliers, The Hush Group Ltd cannot be held responsible for the execution of a contractual obligation by any supplier. More specifically, The Hush Group Ltd cannot be held liable for any other damage than direct damage suffered by the Client.
3. HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- The Hush Group Ltd provides a platform for online reservations to be made at hotels and accommodation providers worldwide, usually for specific group or event purposes.
- By using or utilising the website (e.g. by making a reservation), the customer enters into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the hotel or accommodation provider with whom the customer makes a reservation or purchases a product or service (as applicable).
- From the point at which the customer makes a reservation, The Hush Group Ltd acts solely as an intermediary between the customer and the hotel or accommodation provider, transmitting the relevant details of the reservation to the relevant hotel or accommodation provider, and sending the customer a confirmation email for and on behalf of the hotel or accommodation provider.
- The Hush Group Ltd itself does not sell, rent out or offer any travel product or service.
- When advertising hotels and accommodation providers on our website, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by hotels and accommodation provider. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that all information and marketing material is correct and accurate, we will not verify and cannot guarantee that all information is accurate, up-to-date and complete, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. This paragraph applies to images and photographs of hotels and accommodation providers equally as it does to written content.
- The Hush Group Ltd does not take payment, either online or by telephone. All payments are made directly with the relevant hotel or accommodation provider.
- When making a reservation via the website, The Hush Group Ltd facilitates the payment process for the relevant product or service for and on behalf of the hotel or accommodation provider by securely capturing payment information. For flexible reservations, payment information is securely transmitted to the hotel or accommodation provider for them to hold as guarantee for your reservation – payment is always made at the hotel. For certain non-refundable reservations (referred to as Advance Purchase reservations), hotels and accommodation providers may require that payment is made immediately. In this case, payment information is securely transmitted to the hotel or accommodation provider for them to charge immediately.
- Customers are advised to check the reservation details/terms thoroughly at the time of booking for any such conditions. The Hush Group Ltd will not be held liable or responsible for any charge by the hotel or accommodation provider.
- The Hush Group Ltd, in advertising certain hotels and accommodation providers is bound by the cancellation terms of the relevant hotel or accommodation provider. By making a reservation via the website, customers accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of the relevant hotel or accommodation provider and to any additional terms and conditions of the hotel or accommodation provider. The general cancellation and no-show policy of each hotel or accommodation provider is displayed on our website. Full terms and conditions can be obtained directly from the relevant hotel or accommodation provider.
- Customers are advised that certain taxes may still be charged by the hotel or accommodation provider in addition to the rates displayed on our site. Every effort is made by The Hush Group Ltd to make this information as clear as possible on our website.
- Late payment, wrong bank, debit or credit card details, invalid debit/credit cards or insufficient funds provided at the time of booking is likely to result in reservations not being confirmed. In such as case, no reservation will be held for customers and there is a risk of immediate cancellation without notice. The Hush Group Ltd cannot be held liable for non-prior communication of this and/or inconvenience caused by the lack of reservation.
4. OTHER RESERVATION SERVICES
- The Hush Group Ltd may from time to time process other reservations for customers including, but not limited to transport (e.g. coach and airport transfers), theatre reservations, restaurant reservations, booking of entertainment (e.g. audio visual).
- When such reservations are made, The Hush Group Ltd acts as an Agent/Intermediary much in the same way as under section 3 (Hotel Reservations). All contractual relations are made between the customer and third party supplier, and all parties will be bound by the payment, cancellation and other terms and conditions of the third party supplier.
- Whilst The Hush Group Ltd will make every effort to select suitable, trustworthy and reliable third party suppliers, we cannot be held responsible by a third party’s failure to sufficiently fulfil their contractual obligations, nor can we be held liable for the level, punctuality or standard of service received from a third party supplier.
- Bookings for meetings, conferences and events are made by and on behalf of the client.
- Regardless of whether the contract is put in place between the client and the venue/suppliers, or between The Hush Group Ltd and the venue/suppliers, the client is at all times bound by the payment, cancellation and other terms and conditions of the venue/supplier.
- Once an event is booked by The Hush Group Ltd for and on behalf of the client, The Hush Group Ltd is deemed to be the Event Owner. Therefore, any third party suppliers to the event are to be booked and commissioned only by The Hush Group Ltd.
- If a client wishes to use the services of a third party, they (the client) must obtain consent from us. Only third parties who meet our service criteria will be allowed to operate at the event. In cases where third party suppliers are used and agreed, the client will be responsible to ensuring the appropriate insurance is in place. The client will also be liable to us, the venue and our suppliers for any loss or damage suffered. In all other cases, only suppliers commissioned by The Hush Group Ltd will be allowed at our events.
- Whilst every effort is made to commission only the most suitable, trustworthy and reliable venues and suppliers, The Hush Group Ltd cannot be held responsible for the failure of a venue or supplier to fulfil their contractual obligations or for the level, punctuality or standard of product or service supplied by a venue or supplier.
- The Hush Group Ltd will take complaints against any venue or supplier seriously, and clients are encouraged to discuss complaints with us prior to taking further action.
- Where an event is booked by The Hush Group Ltd for the client, The Hush Group Ltd will not be held responsible for the success or otherwise of that event.
- Any venue or supplier contracted to fulfil obligations to the client will be solely responsible for fulfilling their obligations, and The Hush Group Ltd cannot be held responsible by any failings except those direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by the client due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect of our services.
- The Hush Group Ltd will not be held liable for an event or part of an event that cannot take place due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an event, we will do our utmost to find a suitable alternative venue or supplier. If such an alternative incurs extra costs those costs will be payable by the client.
6. EVENT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- With significant experience and industry ‘know-how’ The Hush Group Ltd provides clients with complete event planning and on-site management. The Hush Group Ltd provides such services on the basis of experience and industry know-how alone and does not purport to be an industry expert.
- Any advice, guidance and opinion are provided to the client with the utmost care and foresight, however, clients are advised that such disclosure is for guidance purposes only and that clients make decisions of their own free will without interference from The Hush Group.
- The Hush Group Ltd will not be held liable for any decision made by the client whether or not based on advice, guidance or opinion of the event manager.
- At any time during the planning and management process, The Hush Group Ltd reserves their right to withhold services for any reason. Should services be withheld for a material breach of the Terms of Engagement, The Hush Group Ltd reserves the right to also withhold the services of third party venues and suppliers as well as claiming lost earnings from the client directly.
- As a booking agent, The Hush Group Ltd at times may receive a commission payment from third party suppliers, hotels or venues. This is built into the fee charged to the client and is a cost for the supplier. The Hush Group Ltd does not have to disclose any specific details about these commissions, as these are part of a separate agreement between The Hush Group Ltd and its partners.
- The Hush Group Ltd is an accredited IATA agent and complies in full with IATA’S recognised practices.
- Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation as set out in any confirmation email (whether for one event or series of connected events), or, in the case of an event booking, the aggregative total commissions payable to The Hush Group Ltd as if the event had gone ahead as planned.
- However, and to the extent permitted by law The Hush Group Ltd shall not be liable for
- any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim,
- any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability) of any hotel or accommodation provider, venue or supplier as made available on our website, by email or communicated by any other means,
- the products or services rendered or offered by any hotel or accommodation provider, venue or supplier or other business partners,
- any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website, or,
- any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, wilful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to any hotel or accommodation provider, venue, supplier or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, subcontractors or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the website, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
9. APPLICABLE LAW
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and the Parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.